Saturday, September 23, 2006

The new and the old.

Three days ago I finally got a new car. I traded in my '94 ford taurus that had been passed down through three generations via inheiritance and bore a big dent on the left side of the rear bumber and a failing transmission for a whopping $250. Not too bad for a twelve year old ford POS. I got my new car and relinquished my old one to carmax, the salesman was a very pleasant personable man with an unpronoucible surname. He even acknowledged the fact that it must be hard for me to trade in a car that had been in my family, I replied that I had kept it as long as I could. Cars aren't things you can keep for sentimental value. My new car is lovely silver '97 Honda Civic, it has a very nice little aftermarket stereo however I must return to have the disc changer fixed because it doesn't work. I'm trying to get used to it's lack of quirks and actual posession of the power a car is supposed to have.
My job still sucks, yesterday three people called out sick, or having car trouble, or didn't call at all and I had to stay on for a nine hour shift. If you're not willing to work than fucking quit and save the rest of us who actually give a crap some trouble. *growl* I really don't make enough money for the work I do, and doubly so if you consider the effort, care, and knowledge I put in every day. I'm not breaking even, and it will get worse when I have to pay for full insurance coverage on this car. I'm trying not to worry too much, just work as much as I can without killing any customers or myself and keep looking for something else.
I'll twenty years old in a month and four days. Where am I going?
M.

No comments: