Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In an Ideal World, an Ideal Life.

I think common society would think be a bad person for the things I dream. Some of them at least. The future I dream for myself could almost be normal, almost. I envision the company I will run from my home, doing a few different things, perhaps employing a few people to help me. I imagine the house I will live in as having a big yard and filling with sunlight for a few hours before dusk. Enough room for me to cook wonderful meals for a house full of people, and have animals a children running amuck. I picture myself living alone, or with a few lovers and a child. I find myself imagining a daughter, though I would be pleased to have a son or daughter equally. I feel that a child of mine should be raised to honor all love, platonic, heterosexual, or homosexual. And to see all people by their actions more than their faces. I want to have the animals I've dreamed of having room and time for at last. I want to help people, teach them, and create things for them to use and admire. I want to have a yard with a big garden of fruits and vegetables and room to spare for open space and climbing trees.
I want so much, I fear not having the focus and ambition to create this life for myself.
M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the only thing common society could find remotely objectionable about your dream(s) is the vaguest hint of polygamy. The rest is pretty close to the American Dream.

Mousie said...

That hint of polygamy is exactly what I mean by almost normal. Some of the animals I wish to keep most people would balk at as well. Any child of mine would be homeschooled at least to begin with, not what most expect for their children. It's more my thought process and how I'd go about my life that would make it not what everyone dreams. All the same things I suppose, just not the way they're 'supposed' to be done.