Tuesday, November 18, 2008

workworkwork

I must be starting to sound like a broken record because every time I work my part time job the theme of all conversation thereafter is "I'ma choke a bitch."
I work at a pet store full of people who don't know and don't care about animals. Being a person who is extremely passionate about animals I find myself want them all to go somewhere and die on a daily basis. I would not trust any one of the stores managers with one of my own pets for a single day.
The perfect example of how screwed my store is would be the new manager my store manager promoted. She knows nothing about any kind of animal, has never had any pets, is afraid of most animals, does not even have retail experience to fall back on, is totally unprofessional, and seems to be completely devoid of anything resembling intelligence. But she does know how to kiss ass a little. I have had to close with her for the past three nights and have had to talk myself down from killing her each time. Tonight instead of helping me with closing tasks she sat in the office and waited for my to finish and come sign paper work. Earlier in the evening she fussed at another associate for cooling his heels.
The cats who reside in our store to get exposure for the foster agency they belong to had not been cared for in more than two days, their enclosure was filthy and they were attention starved and fighting with one another. I cleaned, watered, and fed them but did not have time to give them much attention.
No one else in my store had noticed this. I am quite certain they could have stayed that way until when I work again next week and they only would have done something if a customer threw a fit or one of the cats died.
I am going to arrange a meeting with my district manager to tear open the belly of this store and show her the parasites lurking there. I hate being one of the only ones who care. The others who care are seconds away from walking out as well.
I'm so glad I have a new job I like. I can't wait to get out.

No comments: