Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Personal Degradation

A few days ago I saw a girl I had to write about, I didn't do it when I got home that day and I forgot again after that, but I still remembered from time to time over the last few days.
Have you ever seen something you knew was real but couldn't quite believe it? That's what I felt like looking at this girl.
She had too much eye makeup and overdone nails, I don't remember what her shoes looked like but I could barely stand to look at her. She was wearing gray knit shorts that were shorter than any I had even seen anyone wear in public and a bright pink shirt cropped off just below her breasts. Everything about her literally screamed 'trashy', in fact her shirt had that tootsiepop owl on it and the message 'Lick three times and bite.' I found it unbelievable that someone could degrade herself that much simply with the way she chose to look.
I have always been someone who holds judgement based on appearance aside and wait for a person's actions to speak for thier character, but to dress herself like that was an action I couldn't put my mind passed to think that she could be something other than what she obviously intended to put forth.
She just left me with an icky feeling for even having to look at her.
M.

No comments: