Monday, March 13, 2006

A Good Day, Kind Of.

I made some coffee with my new coffeemaker this morning, it was too strong. I don't really like coffee, I love the smell and I like the caffine, but the taste doesn't do anything for me so I drown it in sugar and flavorings. I'm the girl with the mint or raspberry mocha. I called my beau to wake him but I'd taken too long to get myself together so he was already up. I studied a little while he showered and then he came over to take me to lunch. We shared pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, and hashbrowns and stuffed ourselves. Then we went on a three mile walk. We weren't sure how long the trail was when we started but I suspected it was one my neighbor had mentioned to me. I was not wearing ideal clothes, dress sandals, pants long enough to catch under my heels, and uncomfortable underwear, but I passed up the chance to stop by my house. It was beautiful and sunny but not too hot. We hadn't brought any water and we worked up a sweat on the winding trail. I took us about an hour I think to walk the three miles, the path was wierd and we almost got lost before we finished the last half mile. Now I know how to get to that trail so I'll have to try to walk it a few times a week and bring my dogs. We went back to my house and had some popcicles to cool down, and then heated ourselves up again. I talked him into staying to shower with me before I had to go to work and still managed to go in a little early. At work I started to feel sick, my hands got trembly, I got a headache, and my stomach was unhappy. I figured out that I hadn't drunk much water after the walk or any beforehand. So I took a break and rehydrated myself and felt a little better afterwards. My head was still a little fuzzy and I still felt too warm but I managed til closing. Put back the reshops, cleaned off some registers, cussed about the cart worth of stuff people had stolen or broken and left hidden in odd places around the store, and came home. I finished a sandwich that was still delicious even though it was two days old (Satisfaction's, woot), and had some pasta and a little more coffee. I busted the filter, so it was crunchy coffee. Hehe, oh well. A piece of chocolate for my tired body, and now I have to go wash way too many dishes because I've been putting them off.
I feel good today, even though I made my body do too much this weekend and haven't been eating enough. I went to my folks sunday night and my dad said I looked skinny. He asked me what I'd eaten, and I actually hadn't eaten anything other than the dinner I had with them. Well, except for some fruit and snack food, which didn't count. So he and my stepmom ordered me to eat three meals today, and I did. The weather has been nice and I've been on some walks. I haven't seen my sweetie enough, which was making me a little upset, but after talking to him some earlier and my time with him today I feel better. One of my dogs is looking a little sickly, so I may take her to the vet sometime soon even if I can't really afford it. I don't remember if they need their shots this year or if it's next. I'll have to look at their medical records. My entomology experiment is mostly done, I have to ID something and write a few final entries in my log. I just had a genetics test postponed, yay-ish. That class bugs me to no end. I don't hear anything from the professor or TA until two days before something is due or if there's bad news about something. The notice that the test was postponed was sent four times at once. I have no faith in these people, and I just know their making several times more than me. At least I do my crappy job well and can communicate effectively, they miss both marks. Good thing my other professors are so cool or I'd lose faith in educators, since the last batch was rotten too.
I love my parents.
And my stepfamily.
And my crazy friends, even the ones I don't hear from.
And my beautiful boyfriend.
And my sweet pets, even the fish who likes to try to eat people fingers.
And most of the folks over at GT, especially god himself, and the crazy man who says crazy things that make me want to hug him.
And even my stupid, ugly, insane, obsessive, smart, slobbish, beautiful, wonderful self.
And maybe you too, whoever you are.
M

No comments: