Friday, March 10, 2006

Pain and Prattle

My rib is killing me. Two days ago I coughed so hard something didn't go back into place on my left side, for the first day it only hurt when I coughed. I haven't been coughing much, but now it's started to hurt when I move, or lie down, or take a deep breath. I was cuddling with my sweetheart on the couch and I briefly had that side across his leg. Big mistake. One of those things where an injury is not too bad so you don't pay attention to it and you make it worse. I almost couldn't breath from pain when I was getting out of bed this morning. I have to work tomorrow morning, that should be fun. Twisting and lifting with my side like this, it's only four or five hours though, I'll live. But this thing had better heal on its own because there's nothing I can do for it, it's not like I can stop breathing, or even just stay off my feet. At least the cough seems to really be letting go now.
I was checking out my hit counter and apparently only three out of about twenty hits have actually stayed around for more than a few seconds. How can you have a zero second hit? Why do they even count that as a hit? It's not like a page can be viewed in that amount of time. Most of my hits are coming from New York and DC, I also had a few people from out of the country. England, Scotland, India, and Honduras, one hit each. As far as I know only one person who knows me has seen this site. I can't believe anybody else would bother to read it.
Tonight I'm taking the left overs from my fabric sale to the RMO yard sale, donating it for them to sell tomorrow. They're selling it to raise money for a woman who needs cancer treatment, I figure I can't ask for much better than that. And it will probably stay in the community and be used well.
I have a test to study for, but I don't have any will to do so. I have to try, I can't just say I don't want to, that's not how it works. Soo tempting though.
M

No comments: